Lynnfield Center across from Town Hall.
Answers to Popular Questions
Save some time. Get answers to easily-answerable questions by using the handy dropdown below. Remember, when you need to talk to a real live person, PMLP is available 24/7 at (978) 531-5975.
- New Customers: New Customers: Stop by our office weekdays between 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM or call us at 978-531-5975 to sign-up for electric service. A deposit is required if you do not own the property. You can download our Residential Service Agreement here.
- Commercial and Industrial Customers: Please stop by our office or call at least a week in advance so that we can complete your paperwork. A deposit is required. Download our Non-Residential Service Agreement here.
- Other Parties: See us or call to sign up for your service.
*All deposits must be paid by cash or check. Please note: If you are the owner of the property, there is no deposit required.
- Residential Customers with electric heat—$350
- Residential Customers without electric heat—$150
- Commercial and Industrial Customers—Please contact PMLP Customer Service to determine deposit amount.
- 1. By mail using the enclosed envelope that comes with your bill.
- 2. Pay online. Click here to pay safely and securely.
- 3. By stopping by our Business Office weekdays between 8:30am-4:30pm.
- 4. By automatic credit card payment. Click here for an Automatic Credit Card Payment Application Form.
Please call us at (978)-531-5975 or use the Contact Form on this website. We will be glad to get a duplicate bill to you.
Please call us or stop in Monday-Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm. We will help you understand the charge and assist you in reviewing and resolving any discrepancies or issues.
- Season reasons. In winter, cold snaps in some months can increase your bill by more than 10% as your heating increases. Because the sun sets earlier, you may use more lighting than you do in other seasons. Also, the type of clothing we wear is usually heavier in winter requiring longer electric dryer time. In cold weather, many people move inside and use more energy for lighting, cooking and entertainment. Even the types of food we cook in winter tend to be different and require longer cooking times.
In summer, the children are home. The hot, humid weather calls for more air conditioning and dehumidifier use. This alone can increase cooling costs by 10% or more. You may also use more energy for cooking outdoors, cleaning, home improvement projects and heating swimming pools.
- Billing Periods: A typical billing period is between 29 and 31 days, but holidays may make your billing period up to 35 days long. A difference of 5 days on your bill can increase your bill by 17 percent.
- Holiday Usage: During holidays, you might use more energy for cooking, cleaning, lighting and heating and company. This will result in a higher electric bill.
For safety reasons, please call us directly 24/7 to report trouble at (978) 531-5975. Your call may be monitored and recorded. Do not send an email.
In extreme safety emergencies, please dial 911. Never assume that your neighbors have already called. Please make the call.
To report a streetlight out, please call us at (978) 531-5975 anytime 24/7. Please provide us with the exact location of the pole and light. If you can get the number on the pole, that's even better.
You can also report a Streetlight Outage by clicking here and sending us an email.
Please visit the Solar & Renewable Energy section of our website by clicking here.
YES. CALL DIGSAFE AT LEAST 2 DAYS BEFORE YOU DIG AT 811! IT'S THE LAW. Click here for more from DigSafe.
Planning a home improvement job? Planting a tree? Installing a fence or deck? WAIT! Whether you are planning to do it yourself or hire a professional, smart digging means doing the following. CALL DIGSAFE BEFORE YOU DIG at 811. Please call, do not send an email. A DIGSAFE Representative will send out someone to mark underground facilities. Caution: the depth of utility lines varies and there may be multiple utility lines in a common area.
PMLP is part of the MMWEC Energy Efficiency and GO programs. Learn more about them here.
For more information, on energy conservation, insulation or hiring a contractor, please call us here at PMLP: (978) 573-1150.