Making changes: How do I apply / start, stop or transfer electrical service?
  • New Customers: Stop by our office on weekdays between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm or call us at 978-531-5975 to sign-up for electric service. A deposit is required if you do not own the property. You can download our Residential Service Agreement (PDF).
  • Commercial and Industrial Customers: Please stop by our office or call at least a week in advance so that we can complete your paperwork. A deposit is required. Download our Non-Residential Service Agreement (PDF).
  • Other Parties: See us or call to sign up for your service.


All deposits must be paid by cash or check. Please note: If you are the owner of the property, there is no deposit required.

  • Residential Customers with electric heat - Three Months’ Bills/$400 Minimum
  • Residential Customers without electric heat -Three Months’ Bills/ $200 Minimum
  • Commercial and Industrial Customers - Please contact PMLP Customer Service at 978-531-5975 to determine deposit amount.

All Accounts listed above will be assessed a cash deposit equal to three times the estimated average monthly electric bill (for that particular electric service) as determined by the Peabody Municipal Light Plant or the minimum amount as indicated above, whichever is larger. Minimum deposit requirements will be reviewed upon a rate increase.

Show All Answers

1. Making changes: How do I apply / start, stop or transfer electrical service?
2. Paying my bill: How can I pay my electric bill? What choices do I have?
3. Missing bill. I didn't receive my bill. What do I do?
4. Incorrect bill: I think my bill is wrong. How do I get it reviewed and corrected?
5. High bill: My bill is higher this month. Why?
6. Power outages: How do I report a power outage?
7. Streetlight outage: How do I report a streetlight out?
8. Solar and wind power: I want to install solar panels or a wind power generator on my property. How do I coordinate with the municipal electrical system?
9. Digging: Before digging on my property, do I have to notify anyone?
10. Energy conservation / assistance: Does PMLP have a program that can provide me with energy and weatherization assistance?